Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beginning Interphase

This is my beginning blog numero uno:

I spent the coolest time here Friday-Sunday with my parents touring Cambridge and Boston. Friday we went college shopping for stuff like bedding, mini-fridge, printer, etc. It wasn't until the end of the day that I realized how much stuff I had bought :/ That's ok though. Saturday we spent touring. We began the day eating at a random breakfast place on Mass Ave (I do not recommend it, they took like 30 minutes to bring us breakfast!). Then we visited the MIT Museum which is pretty cool, I wish it had more Alumni stuff than Staff achievements but still it was awesome. Then we walked around campus and took these classic MIT pictures...

Me and Blanca :)

Daddy and his FAVORITE princess

The symbol I don't understand

Father and I

Brave men who died.... at some battle. 

Botton building

Grave of Samuel Adams

Unmarked grave where 300 babies were buried (back then infant mortality rate was high)

Tombstone for victims of Boston Massacre

The church had little booths everywhere. Interesting.

Quincy Market: It has A TON of restaurants of all types inside. Coolest marketplace ever!

Boston in the background

Shout out to Joyce;s blog: La Dolce Vita

Me and Blanca's Cannoli

The cool art thing you can stand under. 

So that is the end of Saturday. Sunday (today) I went to the ward here for the first time. It was so quiet! You could have heard a pin drop. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful building with lovely people. Then Interphase began. It's nice to be around so many nerds :) Oh and I took my first shower in a co-ed bathroom ever. It's gonna get some getting used to. I had fun getting to know some of the people and I look forward to making new friends here. Still, I miss my family a lot. 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! The pic look great! It looks beautiful out there. I'm happy to see that you're enjoying it and of course we miss you A TON! I approve of this blog :) Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie,
    I found your blog via Joyce.
    Love your pics and congrats on MIT.
    Boston is AMAZING, it's my favorite city- enjoy it!
    I look fwd to reading more of your updates-have fun!
    Ryanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie! Congratulations on choosing the best coast - East Coast :P!! I am so excited for you. P.S. you know you are always welcome to come down to D.C. if you ever need a break or want to explore a new city.

    ReplyDelete